Monday, 13 August 2012
CE Appeals Mechanism: Materials & Training
Appeals Mechanism: Community Employment (CE) Materials and Training Grants
(Department of Social Protection)
Where a sponsor has sought to appeal the allocation of funds by the Department of Social Protection under the Materials and Training Grants, the sponsor may avail of the following Appeals Mechanism taking account of the following parameters that apply to the allocation:
1. No scheme will receive more than a €1,000 for materials and training per place per annum.
2. Some schemes may receive less than €500 per place per annum.
3. Demonstrate that savings have been secured on 2011 expenditure, especially in areas of insurance and audit fees.
4. No scheme will exceed the materials grant drawn down in the preceding year of operation.
5. No scheme will receive more than it indicated it needed in the course of the financial review.
(i) The sponsor shall in the first instance write a letter of appeal, clearly outlining the grounds for appeal, to the Divisional Manager of the Department of Social Protection, within seven working days of notification of the allocation of funds.
(ii) The appeal shall be reviewed by the Divisional Manager and within fourteen working days from the date of receipt of the written appeal, a reasoned decision will be issued to the sponsor.
(iii) In the event that the sponsor is dissatisfied with the decision, he or she may appeal the decision in writing to the Principal Officer, Employment Schemes, within seven working days of notification of the decision. Any such written appeal shall clearly state the grounds for appeal of the original decision and the decision of the Divisional Manager.
(iv) Upon receipt of an appeal, the Principal Officer, Employment Schemes, will consider the matter. Where practicable, the consideration of the appeal should be completed within one calendar month of the date of receipt of the written appeal to the Principal Officer and a reasoned decision will be issued. This decision will be final.